This is a league shooting rifles chambered in .22LR (Short or Long allowed also) from benches indoors at 25 meters (82 feet).
Time: Set up starting at 8:00 A.M. 1st Relay Sighters at 8:30 or when set-up complete and relay is full. Relays will run to accommodate all shooters who come to shoot on a given day. Note that shooters will NOT have to be at the range at 8:00 am to shoot on a given day. However, shooters must arrive by 10 am to be eligible to shoot. Relays are expected to take approximately 1 hour, and 3 relays are anticipated each shooting day.
Range: This league will use the AR&PC 25m range, targets will be 25 meters from the firing line. Initially there will be six shooting benches, 4 for right-handed shooters, 1 for a left-handed shooter and 1 ambidextrous bench. If there is sufficient demand another ambidextrous bench may be available.
Targets: The targets used for this league will be the USBR Bench Rest target.
Competition Format: Each shooter will fire two targets for record, each target is worth up to 250 points, so a total of 500 points is possible. Shooters will compete in classes determined by their equipment. The classes will be:
- o Sporter Class: Any unmodified factory rifle having its original barrel, stock and trigger, chambered for the .22 LR cartridge meeting the following requirements is permitted.
- Factory triggers may be modified but not replaced. o Factory barrels may be set back, cut back, rechambered, and/or re-crowned, but must retain visible factory markings
- Original Factory stocks may be glass bedded, barrels may be free-floated, and sling swivel studs may be removed.
- Unmodified factory rifles (with exclusions) and scope shall not weigh more than 8 pounds.
- No limit on scope magnification.
- Two-piece rests only
- Rests may not be attached. o Rests may be placed upon a shooting bench but not attached
- o Limited Class: Any rifle chambered for the .22 LR cartridge meeting the following requirements is permitted
- o No rifle/scope weight limits
- o No limit on scope magnification
- o No dimensional restrictions to barrel or stock
- § Factory barrels only, no aftermarket or custom barrels
- § Any/all barrel attachments permitted
- Two-piece rests only
- Rests may not be attached o Rests may be placed upon a shooting bench but not attached
- o Unlimited Class: All Limited Class requirements noted above, apply to the Unlimited Class with exceptions
- o One-piece rests (recommended/preferred) or two-piece rests (competitor option) are used
- Limited production rifles such as (but not limited to) Coopers and Bleikers, that use aftermarket barrels such as Shilen, Lija, Krieger, Wilson, etc. will shoot in the Unlimited Class
- o Schuetzen Class: Single shot non-bolt action rifles that meet other requirements for Limited Class with the following exception:
- o Replacement Barrels are allowed
To encourage shooting of a variety of rifles, if there are less than three competitors in a class, no awards will be given, but the fees will be reduced to $10/relay for non-members and $5/relay for AR&PC members.
Fees: Fees are proposed to be $15/relay for non-AR&PC members, $10/relay for AR&PC members. Note this is subject to AR&PC board approval.
Questions or Suggestion Contact Doug Maxwell firstname.lastname@example.org (303) 907-1667